Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:15:09 -0500
William wrote:
> Saw termites in Belize (I assumed such because they were
> eating a wooden
> house), no mounds visible though.

I've never heard of people eating the house-eating termites. Probably
because they are pests that are usually exterminated rather than harvested
and eaten.

> A reply on another list pointed me to this site:
> http://www.survival.com/bug.htm It's a good read.

Aha! I found the following quote in that article: "Bee and Wasp Larvae are
delicious!" That confirms what I suspected about bee larvae after learning
that they are the favorite part of the honey hive for both bears and
hunter-gatherers.

Thanks for the link, William, that is indeed a good article.

> Looks like termites are better than beef for fat, and could
> feed the whole
> world's population according to another source.

Yeah, it looks like termites and other insects are probably the key food for
the eventual future, once the world realizes that the Paleo way of eating is
biologically appropriate.