From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:11:41 -0600
The only band in canada that is mode specific is 30 meters for cw only.
All the rest of the bands are wide open for any mode you want to throw at
them.
Of course, industry canada does tend to recommend the IC band plan as a
guide, but it is just that, a suggested band plan, there is nothing that
says we actually have to use that specific band plan other then band edges.
I have this arguement with local hams constantly because they see the ARRL
band plan and the mode specific areas such as 14.000 to 14.100 as the cw
portion of the band, when in fact, you could use ssb voice down there quite
legally...just no one does because the mode specific sub bands have been
accepted by hams world wide more or less.

I wasn't aware the mode specific sub bands were actually enforced by Law in
the US.
the only regs we have regarding bands is band edges, transmitter band width
and legal limit of output power according to your class of license.
Which, by the way, is 525watts of peak output on SSB for basic and 2300 of
peak output on ssb for advanced class.  The 200W is for FM or AM comms only
with the basic class.
That is, by the way, PEP from the connecter of the transmitting device, not
DC input power or ERP or anything confusing like that.

73
Colin, V A6BKX