From:
Gery Gaubert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:11:22 -0500
Change isn't a bad thing but I do see that older hams don't want it to go away.  I'm alright with that but I would love to get on the bottom half of the bands.  I am ok with 2 meter repeaters for now but the mistery of radio for me is in hf.  I used to fool with cb radio in the mid to late 70's as a kid.  Dad had a ciltronics 10/11C and we used to talk to people all over the world.  I was fascinated then and still am today.