From:
Walt Sebastian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:27:40 -0400
    Hi Guys,
I am not sure if I heard of the TR 22.

The first experience on 2 meters was a borrowed Drake TR 1, I think.  It was
crystal controlled, with six channels.  It ran one watt.  It could be used
portable,  It was about the size of a mobile radio now.  There was a
shoulder strap and a long antenna.  It also had a SO239 connecter ands coax
could be used.

The next one I borrowed was a real hand held.  It was the Kenwood TR 2500.
I used it a month in Albuquerque.  I remember a four position slide on top
that gave you up, down, simplex and an odd offset.  Then in September at the
Melbourne hamfest, I bought a TR 2600.  I was sitting in the lobby admiring
my new purchase when I realized that I didn't know how the offsets, etc.
were fixed, no slide.  A friend came by and he read that the offset or
simplex had to be programmed in.  I don't think there was any provision for
any PL though.
Walt
WA4QXT
Quaker Hill CT