Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:42:40 -0800

Well . . . .  after everyone offered me so many wonderful suggestions about
how to safely enjoy a large family meal . . .  I CHICKENED OUT!  The closer
it got to Christmas Day, the more anxious I became about enduring another
large, chaotic family meal with unsupervised children & adults picking over
the food, etc.  Finally, the day before Christmas, I made an executive
decision that brought peace of mind -- JUST SKIP THE MEAL & show up later
for the fun stuff!  So that's what I did.  I enjoyed a quiet, simple
Christmas dinner at home with my husband & two college age sons who were
home for the break.  Then we all went to the larger family gathering for
games, caroling & music, a gift exchange, etc.  It was a wonderful, relaxing
experience, the best Christmas I've had since going GF!  I enjoyed the best
of both worlds, a delicious SAFE GF meal with my most intimate loved ones, a
full stomach and fun & games with extended family.

None of the alternative ways of packing food appealed to me.  They only
seemed to further complicate an already complicated day & lifestyle as well
as drawing more attention to my "problem."  I prefer activities that give me
an opportunity to briefly escape thinking about my diet.

Thanks again to everyone who kindly offerred suggestions.  Even though I
didn't follow them, the discussion we had helped me sort though & clarify
what's most important to me which led me to make a good decision.  Thank you
all.  And I hope you all have a happy, safe New Year's celebration!

Valerie in Tacoma