ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:12:07 -0600
We just learned that our family doctor was killed by lightning.  The roomer
was out but unconfirmed.  I told Sandy just to call his office and find out
the truth.  It was true.  From what they know right now, and the results of
an autopsy have not been released yet, he was hiking in the mountains with
friends.  They apparently went separate ways, or took different trails
yesterday, but he did not return.  So they began a search and his body was
found today and apparently on the trail I would guess.  Since they are
saying he was killed by lightning, there must be some physical evidence to
that affect but we will probably find out more later.  He has a partner
working in his office with him, I've been to see the partner a couple of
times, and he will be taking all the patients our doctor had, or at least,
those who prefer to stay at that office.  The prayer request is for Dr.
Leon, the partner, the ladies working in the office, because they are all
upset, and even the doctor's patients.  The office doesn't even know how
they are going to go about information all of Dr. Spatt's patients.  So, in
short, these people, especial Dr. Leon and the office help, are going to be
telling, and retelling, the same story over and over again and that won't be
easy.  Many of the patients are elderly folk, too, and that definitely will
be difficult for them.  Dr. spatt helped me four years ago through a very
difficult time of my life and I have always been very thankful for his
knowledge and understanding.  I wish I would have told him but you don't
think much about someone you know being struck by lightning.  No, I never
witnessed to him.  That's a little difficult to do when you are with a
doctor for about four or five minutes at a time but I wish I would have done
so any way because I don't know where he stood with the Lord.  I was
sensitive every time I was in his office for an opportunity and even hoped
the Lord would somehow some day provide the opportunity but it never
happened.  You know, if I didn't think God knew what He was doing, or if I
believe there was no God in control of the universe, I would have cashed it
in a long time ago.  By the way, this is always one of the hazards of hiking
in the mountains because you can be struck by lightning even if there isn't
a cloud in the sky.

Phil.

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com