ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2006 02:43:56 -0500
Hi Guys!

I have heard that thunderheads tower as much as thirty thousand feet,
and that there is rotation within the clouds. I have also heard it
said that after a storm initially passes, stray lightning can exist
for up to a half an hour, so it is best not to go out right when the
thunderstorm ends.

One morning, I stood outside our apartment building to watch a storm
blow up. Now let me say that what followed was only miraculous. We
have no rose bushes anywhere around, but suddenly, the air was
permeated with the smell of roses, and for some reason, I knew beyond
a shadow of a doubt that I should run. I have never run so fast. I
ran to my apartment on the third floor, and just as I opened the
door, I heard the biggest explosion I had ever heard, and every
battery-operated toy and talking clock started chattering. One of the
clocks distinctly said "Thirteen O'clock". It turned out that our
building had taken a direct hit. This is the list of casualties: