ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:12:41 +0100
Hi David and all,

The latest is that no meeting is at present arranged.  We do not want to
involve an elder of the church unless this is really necessary.  We have
accepted that the help has ceased.  It is sad because the person concerned
is very suitable to do it and, because of his own disabilities and
limitations, it would seem that it would be good for him to do it;  but the
problems have been in our relationship, because he sees himself as the
"carer" type figure and there is no real fellowship between us because we
are just the children here being looked after.  I'm sorry to put it quite so
bluntly, but I do believe this is the crux of the problem.  Before we came
back to the church, they had a meeting of those interested in "helping" and
I believe they really saw us as "the people who had to be looked after".
(This was almost certainly instigated by our then would-be landlord,
nicknamed Pharaoh by me some while back).  Fortunately, we now own the house
and he has moved on from the church - God's real goodness to us!)

I know I have to continue to live peaceably with this person and his wife in
the church.  (His wife used to be one of my closest friends for some years).
This isn't a great problem, but I am hurt by their attitude not to help,
even if that means we don't get the help for something pretty important.
The husband said to Mike on Sunday "We will still be thinking of you and
praying for you" and that made us feel bad, that people want to do this but
not to do that which really needs doing for us right now.  They still want
to give us lifts to church, so far as we know.  I do not want this situation
covered over.  That is not to say I want to tell others about it but rather
that I want to be full of love and light and continue an open relationship,
but just how open I can and must be are the things that I am praying through
right now.

Well, that gives you all an idea where this has come from and where it needs
to go.

Love in Him:

--
Carol - Reading, UK

To you, o Lord, I lift up my soul;
In You I trust, o my God.  . . .."  PS25:1-2 NIV.