ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VIRGIE UNDERWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 23:47:09 -0400
Hi to all,
When the last meeting was held to discuss continued remodeling of my work
location we had a discussion about how bad my 3 snack machines looked.
Someone made a comment that we needed to put contac paper on the bottom half
on the front of the doors to cover up the millions of kick marks put there
by state employees over the years!  After all the state is spending money to
remodel this location and it must match the decor!  I stated that these
machines are old and antiquated and they didn't work very well.
Another individual spoke up and said yes we have contac paper at the office
and you can have your choice, black or chrome colored contac paper.  Virgie
which would you like?
I said I want new machines, these things don't work and they need to be
replaced because they do not work well!
Another person from the office spoke up and said "Let's move on to plan B,
which do you wan"?
I restated my case  and said I want new machines!
The same person said to me "You can't have new machines so which color
contac paper do you want on your machines"?
I simply said, I want new machines, you know these machines are old,
probably 30 years  old or at the very least, they must be 20 years old.
Again I was told you can't have new machines, there is no money for them, we
have spent all the money we can spend on your location.  So they
collectively decided that black is the color of choice because it should
match the new decor!  Like I said, a little rain!

I think it was 3 days later I get a phone call and was asked would you be
willing to take some newer old used snack machines?  I stated again that I
needed new ones because those old machines didn't work properly and they
looked tacky.  I was assured that these machines worked better and they
looked much better as well.  I agreedd to take them because I knew it was
the best I could do!  My negotiation skills were lacking but of course this
was the best I could do!

Now on to the bright sunshine that has been filling up my life  lately.

A couple of days later I get another phone call from the office!  I was
asked how things are going with the remodeling and was everything okay?  I
said we were making progress and other than needing new machines everything
was progressing nicely!

This person told me they had 2 more new snack machines and if I was willing
to trade those 3 old snack machines in for 2 new ones I could have them!
You know I agreed to give them the junky machines for the 2 new ones!  I
could not believe what I was hearing!

A lot of sunshine coming into my life and every bit of it is from our Lord
Jesus Christ!  God's miracle worker, the state worker  is the human
facilitator but the real power is our awesome God! I have all new machines
sitting in my snack bar and it is looking beautiful!  It is all done except
we have 15 pictures with West Virginia sceens coming to decorate the walls
and a new pop corn vending machine and can you believe it?  I am also
getting an ice cream machine!  .  Praise the Lord and thank you Lord Jesus
for your many wonderful blessings for my business!

The brightest rae of sunshine filling my life is the inner peace and
contentment I feelinside!  I am truly blessed and I am bubbling over with
joy!

Miracles do still happen every day and I know there are many more to come
for all of us!  I am grateful for the material things for my business but
the most precious of all is the wonderful joy and peace I feel inside!
I am truly blessed!
Virgie and Hoshi