ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2006 17:40:59 -0400
Jen,
         How strange is this?  Your question came after everybody's
email just arrived in funny order.
         Anyway, to the point, the trick to dealing with all the lies
in this book and movie is that, not only do you need to know your
bible well, but you also need to be a good scholar of history,
especially church history, and most people don't know any history
from before they were born.  It's part of the dumbing down that is
going on in our schools, I guess.  Anyway, if the person that you ar
talking too doesn't know the bible or history well, they will be
easily swayed and any attempt to discourage them from believing what
they think they now know will be, most likely, futile.    You see,
there are so many lies woven into an ounce of truth in this story and
it is using such an effective device, media, to persuade that it
really has the potential to reak a lot of havoc in the church,
especially for the seeker or the nominal Christian.  I'd keep away,
not out of fear, but why have a fake piece of chicken when you can
have the real thing?
There, Brad gave you six scents, I see his six and raise it to ten.
Kathy