ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki and The Rors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2006 08:12:45 -0700
Rhonda,

Here is this passage in the Amplified.  I'm not exactly sure what that
perfect is.  Amplified uses the word fulfilled.  I love this rendering
though, especially the pitch a tent part.

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is
enough for
you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble
manfully];
for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and
show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the
more
gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power
of Christ
(the Messiah) may rest (yes, may
pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!

So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in
infirmities, insults,
hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak in
human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine
strength).

Praying for you Rhonda.

Hugs,
Vicki