From:
Marian Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marian Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 09:36:47 -0700

Hi,

I'm back from our Girl Scout weekend.  Here's my original question:

"Has anyone made pizza crust from a mix the day before they actually baked it - in particular Arrowhead Mills?"

The results:

People used a variety of mixes and recipes.  A couple of people warned about contamination of Arrowhead Mills products.  I used it this weekend and did not get sick.  I'm usually pretty sensitive.

10 people suggested partially baking the crust and freezing it.  Some people topped the frozen crust and baked.  Some thawed the crust before topping and baking.

Four people suggested making the dough and freezing it in a ball to use later.

Three people suggested making the dough and refrigerating it until the next day.  That is what I did.  We made up the mix on Friday night and divided it into single serving balls.  We froze most of them.  I refrigerated a couple for the next night.  On Saturday night we flattened our dough ball into a crust, topped it and baked.  It worked well.  The only thing I would do differently next time is either form a thinner crust or bake the thicker crust a bit right before we top it to make sure the center of the crust is cooked through.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.  This was the first time I've made pizza since going gf last year, and now I feel confident enough to try other recipes.  My kids will be so happy to have pizza back on our menu.

Marian
Oregon