Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:29:21 -0700

Hi Everyone!

  This is RE:  a teen  who has been GF for 3 years but was never officially diagnosed.

  Previous symptoms included digestive (bloating, diarrhea, reflux, etc) and large joint swelling along with high fevers and many ear & throat infections that all cleared up after going GF.

  The new GI doc recommended a "gluten challenge" before doing any additional testing.

  Although there were digestive & allergy-type symptoms upon accidental ingestion of gluten in the past, there have been NO NEGATIVE SYMPTOMS with current gluten ingestion.  (approx. 1 week of gluten so far--supposed to do 1 month)

  This is quite a shock to us all!

  Of course, we still plan on keeping the appointment, but we are not sure how to approach all of this because we do want additional testing and to be taken seriously...

  Any thoughts on this?

  Thanks!