ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:13:54 -0500
Service With Strength

Colossians 1:10-12

Ministry isn't something we do, but rather, it is something God does through
us. So much fatigue and failure could be avoided if believers remembered
that
He is the source of strength. We serve Him using Spirit-provided resources.
"Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass," promises
the Word (1 Thessalonians 5:24). This means that the Lord assumes
responsibility for enabling His children to carry out whatever work He calls
them to
do.

The Savior exemplifies this principle - He also did His earthly work through
divine power. Upon His return from the wilderness, Jesus was filled with the
Holy Spirit, and He came preaching a Gospel of repentance. Here is what He
said of Himself: "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father
is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own initiative,
but the Father abiding in Me does His works" (John 14:10).

As co-heirs with Christ, believers are entitled to access that same
spiritual strength. What a comfort to know that a divinely ordained ministry
is not
in our hands alone! Some other person may be able to do the work better or
offer wider experience, but God does not look for servants who are gifted.
He
instead seeks out those willing to live in His strength. If we have done all
we can through the power of the Holy Spirit, then we never have to wonder
if we have done enough.

Are you discouraged? Tired? Ready to give up? God is ready to restore you to
joyful service if you will simply ask Him to do His work through you.