ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:45:59 -0500
Servanthood: A Call to Growth

Ephesians 4:11-16

Kids love to show off their height. They eagerly anticipate being tall
enough to do all the things that their short stature currently prevents.
Many parents
record and celebrate their children's growth, following the old tradition of
marking heights on a doorframe.

God the Father also measures His children's growth - He delights in seeing
us reach new levels of spiritual maturity so that we can accept greater
responsibility.

Because a new believer is like a little child in faith, his or her kingdom
tasks are, at first, light. God is beginning the transformation process that
will grow a saved human being into the image of Christ. The call to
servanthood requires us to do as the Lord Jesus did: act humbly on behalf of
our fellow
man. When we successfully minister where we are called, new opportunities
will open up and offer fresh challenges.

Spiritual growth impacts our fruitfulness; the longer we've been believers,
the greater our service should be. That does not mean tasks will be highly
visible.
Satan tries to convince people that some jobs are trivial, but the moment a
believer falls for that lie, growth is stunted. God will promote those who
put forth the best effort, no matter what the task is.

Every opportunity to bless others honors the Lord and increases a believer's
wisdom and stature before Him. Much of God's work goes on where only He can
see it. But He is always measuring His children for future service, gauging
how much closer we are to His goal for us and what new task will draw us
closer
still.

Summer Renewal Kit

Have you found yourself so busy with life that you are missing the little
moments when God would like to meet with you? Let the
Summer Renewal Kit
help you slow down...You will be surprised how these little moments with God
can renew, recharge, and refresh your spirit! Order your Summer Renewal Kit
here.