ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:59:37 -0600
Hi all!

I had a rather disappointing, but still nice, Fourth of July yesterday.  I
had wanted to go to a town called Middleton, where my nephew is a fireman,
but that didn't work out.  I did, however, go to the church party, which I'd
planned to do.  We had a nice picnic and hung around outside for awhile, but
later it began to storm.  It wasn't too long before it looked like it was
lightening up, but while we lounged in the house where we were, it rained
hard and God showed off His fireworks, and maybe the wind still blew.  I
wanted to go with them to the fireworks in Caldwell where I live, but we
weren't sure if the weather would be good for that.  I'm not sure if the
family I rode with even knew that I'd wanted to go, but I didn't want to
push it; they'd been generous in taking their bigger car so I could fit in.
Anyway, they took me home.  Oh well, we have a great view of them from where
I live, and I could even hear some of them, so that was nice.  I also got to
eat dinner outside with my "family", and listen to their own fireworks.

I took the day off from daybreak today because I thought my sister and
nephew, who came from Washington State for the wedding, would come for a
visit.  I found out later that they're coming this evening, but by then it
was too late to go to daybreak.  But it's nice to take a day off, especially
since I went to bed very late last night.  I hope I can go early tonight and
get up early in the morning and do things before I leave.

I'll describe the wedding in more detail when I find out what she wore and
everything.

Sharon