ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2006 04:27:27 -0500
Hi Phil!

First of all, let me say that Mari and I loved this. Here she is.

When I was a little girl, feeling so lost and tormented, the robins
used to awaken me at about four in the morning. I would lie there for
hours and listen to their songs and always feel cheered. Since I've
started my bi-weekly prayer sessions, I have been awakened at the
same time every morning, to once again revel in the sound of the
robins and wait for the mourning doves and what I call My Jesus Bird.
I don't know what kind of bird it is, but I think it's a goldfinch.
It spills its song into the wind much like someone pouring out a
glass of water into the air. It fills my heart with joy, and I find
myself listening for it throughout the day.

I have always thought that birds and other animals know Their
Creator's Voice and recognize it always. Do they praise? You bet your
boots they do!

Phil, you are right. People not noticing birds is like people not
noticing flowers. Flowers regale us every day with their beautiful
scents, and yet, we pass them by and pay no notice. What would a
planet be without all the beautiful flowers like lilies, orchids,
jasmine, lilacs, roses, and all the other flowering trees and shrubs?
Wouldn't it be grand to live at the center of a flower? Wouldn't it
be great to wing our way across the sky, perching in tree to tree and
singing our hearts out with abandon like all the birds of the world?

You know, I used to be afraid of crows because in Spanish literature,
especially the poems by Federico Garcia-Lorca who wrote about gypsies
a lot, the crow was the symbol of death, the harbinger of bad things
to come. But you know what? Crows clean up the planet, and they are
very, very intelligent. No, their song isn't beautiful, but they are
so necessary like everything in God's Creation. I love them now. I
could go on and on, but Miss Reeves desperately wishes I'd quit so
she can get some iced tea. Keep enjoying the birds, and be sure to
notice God's Perfume, and we'll all be all right. They are all
blessings for us.

LOVE IN DADDY JESUS AND GOD'S MANY, MANY BLESSINGS,
Reeva Parry and Miss Mari Mizrahi.

At 01:03 PM 7/1/06 -0600, Phil Scovell sent: