ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:55:06 -0600
Brad,

We recently changed from Qwest, our phone company, owned by MSN, and from
our Satellite provider, to Comcast.  We had been on cable internet service
for about 5, maybe 6 years, and kept looking, and trying, digital phone
service when Comcast came up with a triple deal.  digital phone, cable TV,
and cable internet all which appears to be saving us more than 60 a month
and maybe more like 80 dollars a month.  We will see when our first full
month's bill shows up to make sure.  Anyhow, my former son in law was
picking up his 6 year old son we still baby sit after school, and his wife
works for comcast.  So that afternoon, he was showing us some of the
channels and answering some questions.  Knowing how we liked Mash, being the
fine upstanding Christians that we are, without even asking him, he showed
us the Hallmark channel where Mash runs for 2 hours every night.  Well, the
same shows run during early afternoon, too, but I have more time during the
late evenings to watch it.  so, in short, I have been watching a lot of the
shows I haven't seen for years.  The other night, although this has nothing
to do with you other than your interest in the show, and it does remind me
of Kathy since she told that old joke on here the other day, do you remember
the Mash where Kernel Blake and Father Mckahee, however you might spell it,
were in the latrine together and the BC got hit by shell fire?  I was
laughing about that this afternoon, thinking about Kathy's joke, because
they came out talking funny weird stuff and the Father especially was funny
talking about his mom swearing when she found the children ate a whole pie
she had just made or something.  Anyhow, in spite of some of the political
overtones, there sure are some tremendously funny things in some of those
shows even if you are a Christian.  Notice I never claimed to be a good
Christian in that statement.  Now, if I can just get Gun Smoke, Bonanza, the
Three Stooges, Star Trek, the old ones and the new ones, and a few Daffy
Duck and Porky Pig cartoons all together, it will make for one good TV
night.  I've already seen way too many Sponge Bob cartoons with my
grandchildren so I'll skip those.  Especially since James Dobson got blamed
for saying he was gay, or something.  Odd, that isn't the cartoon character
I would have picked to be gay in that cartoon.  Oh, well.  I've been wrong
before.

Phil.

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com