ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 16:43:09 -0600
Kathy,

Our electronic piano that Vicki and Sandy play has a pipe organ setting so
there you go.  Nope, it would be sort of difficult doing what we do in a
larger group setting.  some day we'll have a larger meeting place where by
we can meet in a large group but the home groups will remain the main weekly
source of gathering.  We were members of a church like this once before and
the weekly home meetings were called Flock Groups.  I liked it and we had
some amazing home worship and praise and prayer times in those smaller
groups.  The church rented a larger building for Sunday services and we had
about 75 to 80 in our home church.  We had three or four other churches we
associated with around the state, too.  This way the church did not have to
own, or build, or maintain a church building.  The church did buy a house,
however, for the pastoral offices once it became large enough.

Phil.