ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:53:07 -0600
I went for my first physical therapy appointment today.  Filled out a ton of
paper work and then a physical therapist worked with me for about 30
minutes.  She worked on areas of my back and taught me some exercises to do
at home.  I have two appointments next week for similar treatments.  The
next week, one of those times I'll be in their swimming pool doing some
therapy.  So I will have a couple of days each week at least for the next
two weeks.  Today I also laid on a heating pad device with four sticky taped
probes on the small of my back.  Then they turn on this thing that sends
tiny electrical shocks to your skin.  They feel like four insects crawling
around on your back.  I got about 20 minutes of that.  She said they would
also begin teaching me how to lift without using my back so much, how to
bend over, how to sleep, some of which she told me today, and lots of back
stretching exercises to improve muscular strength.  There is a muscle in
your stomach that is in your lower abdomen region, I forget what she called
it now, which stretches across your entire stomach and reconnects to your
spine.  I heard about this muscle from a massage therapist a year or so ago.
This PT said that many lower back problems are do to that stomach muscle
getting weak over the years.  She began today to show me some stomach and
leg stretching exercises to do at home on a regular bases.  I had never been
to physical therapy before so I was quite impressed.  Lots of the elderly
coming to the place, too, and I listened as the people worked with them and
saw they were very patient and very friendly to everyone.  So, do I feel any
better?  My hip, which yesterday was unbelievably painful, and was still
hurting when I went, isn't hurting much now but my leg down to my knee is
still very stiff and painful.  It hurts some to walk but as I prayed last
night very late before going to bed, I thanked the Lord I could still walk.
Your prayers are appreciated.

Phil.

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com