ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 21:31:26 -0700
Have you ever eaten rattlesnake?  I went camping with some friends once, and
we were walking down the road.  The guy that was walking with my friend and
me suddenly grabbed us and pulled us back.  There was a rattlesnake lying
across the road.  There were all kinds of little tiny children around, so a
bunch of people decided the best thing was to kill the snake, so there would
be no danger of it biting one of the kids.  They started to stone it to
death.  (I learned later that it was trying to slither away during the
stoning, the poor thing.)  Anyway, they finally succeeded in killing it, and
it was still moving.  Yuck!  A guy in our group came up and said, "I'm
eating him for my dinner."  Sure enough, he cut that sucker up and we
roasted him on the campfire.  It tasted like chicken cooked in bacon grease.
I'm glad I tried it, but I still feel sorry for the poor snake.  But it
would have been awful if one of those little kids had been bitten.

Peggy
http://kernsac.livejournal.com/