From:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:33:44 -0400

It looks like our daughter will probably have a colonoscopy within
a week.
The instruction sheet says to take 4 - 5mg Dulcolax tablets the night
before at 5pm.  Then 10oz of citrate of magnesia at 6 and 10pm.
This after a day of liquids.

She is already having diarrhea with pain and some blood and is just
terrified of what this is going to bring on.  She wants to back out of
the procedure for fear of it.

Has anybody with pain and bleeding done this regimen and how bad
was it?
Does anybody know of a more gentle regimen to prepare for colonoscopy?
I was hoping to discuss this with the doctor before I subject her to this
and
was hoping there are some better alternatives.

Thanks
Paula in Pa.
concerned mother