From:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:47:42 -0500

Boston Market: Several locations. Go to www.bostonmarket.com . Click on 'Restaurants', then 'Nutrition'. As each food item is displayed, if you click on that item, it will show you all of the ingredients. As in the grocery store items, they will clearly mark the allergens at the end of the list. Example: Pastry Top Chicken Pot Pie: POT PIE FILLING (POT PIE SAUCE [WATER, CREAM, ONIONS, CHICKEN BROTH, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, POULTRY FAT, WHEAT FLOUR, YEAST EXTRACT, SUGAR, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SEA SALT, etc., etc., etc. CONTAINS: wheat, soy, milk. 4/06

Bristol’s: - 11801 Olive Blvd, 567-0272. On the weekends they have a complete dinner for $25, including soup or salad, choice of 5 or 6 entrees and dessert. "I gave the waitress my list of what I could and couldn't eat and asked about the scallops. She merely glanced at the list and replied, "Oh, you can't eat Gluten" She said she was fairly sure that the scallops were not breaded, but said she would ask the chef to make sure". When she served me, she said the chef prepared these for you himself. They were delicious, as was the salad, the risotto and asparagus. The creme brulee was just fair, but I ate every bit. Lynn, our waitress, said that they have folks eat there often who can't eat gluten and assured me that all the chef's, not just the head chef know about it". 1/06

Buffalo Wild Wings: 12653 Olive Blvd., Chesterfield - Terrible experience reported. Management made no attempt to try to help. Bummer!

Burger King: Several locations All low carb whoppers, including cheese, junior whoppers. Low carb Angus beef burger, chicken low carb whopper, fries, chili. All salads, honey flavored dipping sauce and ranch sauce.

Café Brasil: 2811 S. McKnight Rd. Rock Hill. 963-3535 - Most items in this small storefront restaurant are naturally GF. Salads come without croutons Check with staff re: Gluten-free items.

Café Napoli: 7754 Forsyth, Clayton 863-5731 - You may bring your cooked pasta, they will dip it in hot water and add their GF sauces. They also have an eggplant appetizer which is not breaded nor fried. Wonder if they could serve as an entree?

California Pizza Kitchen: 109 West County Center, 909 -0333. The manager’s daughter has CD. If you bring in your GF crust, they will add their super toppings for you. Call first.

Carrabbas’s: 2558 Highway K, O’Fallon, MO 636-281-1067. Creve Coeur: 10923 Olive Blvd., 63141. 872-3241 Get GF menu online: www.carrabbas.com "I did eat at Carraba's on Olive this weekend with my dad (also a Celiac) and while they didn't have the GF pasta in stock I spoke to the Manager and he said that if you call in advance they will order it special for you. They had a one page GF menu also that included two soups, appetizers, salads (that they mix in a new clean bowl for you), and great entrees. We both had fantastic meals and no reactions" 2/06.

P. F. Chang’s: Chesterfield & Brentwood - Most of you know that the new Chinese kid on the block will GIVE you their menu of GF selections if you ask when you arrive. Those who have been there give it a standing ovation.

Cheesecake Factory, 1062 St. Louis Galleria, 721-0505. " Went to dinner the other night and was ordering a chicken dish that sounded like it should be okay. The waitress was sure there was nothing in it that would contain wheat or gluten as it was just chicken marinated in balsamic vinigarette and grilled. I agreed but asked her to please check with the kitchen just in case. She came back to the table and said they make their balsamic vinigarette with soy sauce as an ingredient. Hats off to the kitchen for knowing that! I never worry about balsamic vinigarette when I see it on a menu! So, it pays to keep asking questions". 2/06
Chevy’s: Several locations - Email from Chevy’s. Items GF: Appetizers: Sampler: Spicy Wings/Ranch Dressing, Guacamole, Chips (Call ahead to ask for clean fryer), Salsa, Chile Con Queso Dip, Chicken tamale, Ranchero Sauce, Green Sauce, Sour Cream, Pico de Gallo, Rice, Beans (black, charra/pinto, refried), Sweet Corn Tomalito, Corn Tortillas Fresh Mex Classics: Chicken Tamale, Beef enchilada, Cheese enchilada, Beef taco, Chicken taco (NO CHILE MEAT SAUCE, RED SAUCE OR FLOUR TORTILLA) Fajitas: Portobello, Mushroom & Asparagus, Succulent Shrimp, Baby Back Ribs, Fresh Catch of the Day (make sure it is not marinated) Grilled Quesadillas: Grilled BBQ Chicken (replace flour tortilla with corn) Salads: Santa Fe Chopped, Tostada Salad, Chicken Caesar (no mesquite grilled chicken/steak - request peccadillo beef or salsa chicken or flour tortilla shell) Check with server, red sauce at some locations is GF. 10/05

Chick-fil-A: In various malls. Chargrilled Chicken Filet, Chargrilled Chicken Garden Salad, Tortilla Strips; fruit cup, side salad, cole slaw, carrot & raisin salad, Waffle Potato Fries, Hashbrowns, ice cream cup, Chocolate, blueberry, strawberry toppings. BBQ , Honey Mustard, Honey Roasted BBQ, Buttermilk Ranch and Buffalo Sauces. Breakfast items - bacon, egg, sausage pattie, cheese slice. Note: In May 2005, I was at the Chick-fil-A in Chesterfield Mall. They were MOST unhelpful. Perhaps it was just an off day.

Chili’s: Florissant, Kirkwood, Mid Rivers Mall, St. Louis Airport, Fairview Heights, IL. Burgers including bacon, old timer, mushroom swiss, peppercorn (no bleu cheese dressing or blossom strings); grilled salmon, citris fire chicken and shrimp (no seasonings on shrimp; steaks, request dry grilled; rice, black or mashed beans, corn on the cob, steamed veggies, no dedicated fryer for fries, baked potato soup. 10/05 The ‘au jus’ on the flame grilled rib-eye contains wheat gluten. 12/05

Clark Street Grill: 811 Spruce St. 552-5850 in the Westin Hotel. "My favorite restaurant downtown! The chef will come out and talk to you about options".

Cracker Barrel: Several locations - Home fries, Grits, Turkey sausage, hamburger steak, Pork chop, Grilled catfish, ham, green beans, grilled chicken, bacon, corn. (Hash brown casserole - Not GF!)

Crazy Bowls & Wraps - Several locations. stlouisalerts member went to the one at 30 N. Central, 63105 - 785-9727and wrote: "I was told that the stir fry vegie bowl and the chicken superbowl - WITHOUT Teriyaki sauce - are GF. The olive oil, herb and lime sauce is just that: olive oil, herbs and lime and therefore is GF. In the salads, The Santa Fe Chicken salad is GF. Did not ask about the chips, and as far as the smoothies go, the gal said to ask when we're in a Crazy Bowls to ask to read the top of the sherbet carton". 5/06

Culvers: Several locations. "Culvers has a GF allergen listing on their website that I found very helpful. I have had the custard (vanilla and chocolate) which is the best custard I have EVER had, and their GF salads (comes with chicken sliced breast) which are also very good...and filling. The link is: http://www.culvers.com/Menu/AllergenInformation.aspx I have one by my house in Edwardsville but I know there are a couple more in the STL area. Hope this helps!" 3/06
Cyrano’s, 603 E. Lockwood, Webster Groves 963-3232 - Manager, Charles, and Chef (Patrick) very helpful. Some of the suggested GF dinners included Spanish Beef Brochette with Cabrales cheese & Rioja glaze, Pork Chop with maple syrup glaze and whipped sweet potatoes , Herb Roast chicken, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and their signature dessert - Cleopatra (French vanilla ice cream, bananas, strawberries, dark gold brick and whipped cream).

Dairy Queen: Many locations. Check out their GF products. Go to: http://www.dairyqueen.com/en-US/Menus+and+Nutrition/Special+Dietary+Needs/Gluten-Free+Products.htm 4/06

Denny’s: Several locations - Hash browns, beef patty, bacon, sliced/shaved ham, corned beef hash, eggs/omelets, side and deluxe garden salad (plain, if vinegar is an issue with you) No croutons. Grilled tilapia, turkey breast meat, black-eyed peas and French fries (check to make sure there is a dedicated fryer) 4/06

Dewey’s Pizza: 124 n. Kirkwood Rd., Kirkwood 821-7474 Bring in your pizza crust and they will add their toppings and bake in their brick oven. Delicious!

Espinos Mexican Bar and Grill: 17409 Chesterfield Airport Rd., Chesterfield Valley 636-519-0044 - They make a Mexican pizza with a cornmeal crust that is super. You might want to make reservations.

Everest Cafeteria: 1916 Washington Ave. 621-2021 - "Everest Cafe is a Nepalese restaurant on Washington Avenue with great food and they do not use flour to thicken any of the sauces. They have a buffet at lunch for around $7. The food is great and most if not all of it (besides the bread, of course) is gluten free. I've eaten lunch there twice and the second time the server remembered me and the celiac disease stuff. It is a lot like Indian food. The front of the building will make you think it is a dive but it is definitely not. It is located on a section of Washington Ave. that is not yet developed like the fancy part a few blocks away. It is surrounded boarded up buildings at this time but many lofts are being built all around it. I think they serve lunch 11:30am to maybe 3pm and then dinner from 5 or 5:30 to 9pm or so. If you like trying different kinds of food, it's a great place".