From:
"LaMont K. Bankes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 19:23:33 -0700
Hi Jim,
(I had posted this before but must have fallen into the cracks during the
change over)

>I am also using the PA 2007 with 1 MB cache, but with an AMD K6 200.
>Do you have any problems with the 233? My documentation says it is
>supported, but not tested. As the price drops, I am thinking of
>upgrading to the PA 2012 and AMD 233 or 266. Like you, I have been
>VERY happy with the FIC board.
----------------------------------

The 233 is working like a champ so far and the manual that came with my MB
has
the AMD K6-233 listed in the features section.  I had bought my MB/CPU/SDRAM
from TC Computers.  I see that you are going for the ATX form factor, eh?
Is
that the only FIC MB that comes with the VP3 chipset?  I see the board is
about $140 bucks.  Not a bad price, but I think I will hold off until the
AGP becomes more popular and is supported with the new software.  I wonder
if the 2012 also comes with a standard power connector also . . .hmmmm.  I
will have to check FIC's website and see.  If it did then I could see this
board's usability in the future (I would hate to buy a new PSU).
I just bought a new 5.2gb Fujitsu HD/UDMA.
It should rock with the 233.  Just a matter of finishing my class on ZDU on
NT4.0 so that I can load my new version of Win95b and format it with the
FAT32.  Can't do it right now because NT isn't compatible with the FAT32.
:-(    I played a little with it one night and I am getting impatient to get
it up and
going.  I might just hook the 2.1gb Seagate I have up to the
secondary IDE and slave my CDrom to it or I might just sell it.  Both the CD
and HD operate in the PIO4 mode, so I shouldn't lose any speed if I decide
to go that route.  Can't help but think everyone is going to have to upgrade
their HD's.  That blasted Blade Runner game is 1.5gb full install!!!  Seems
like software is getting very hd space hungry.  Good luck if you get the
2012.
Let me know how it goes and I will have something to base my next purchase
on.  Let me know how much of a pain it is to convert to ATX.  Great to talk
to ya

TTYL,
LaMont

                         Need help with PCBUILD: