From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:50:32 -0500
From: "Russ Cox"
>I have been struggling with this machine for several weeks now,
>and can think of nothing else to try. Othe than replacing the whole machine.
>Any other ideas?

Leave it on its side? <just kidding>
Disclaimer: I just bought 4 MBs to do replacements on my "old stuff",
and the results (for me) were outstanding. YMMV.

Have you taken it completely apart and put it back together,
looking for anything odd, or under stress?

Sometimes "disturbing" an older machine (a little) will drive things nuts,
but ripping it apart and putting it back together can be a big help by
cleaning contacts, re-seating all plugs, and firming up the grounds, etc...

Observe all static precautions, and if you never worked inside a PC,
study up on "how to build" sites for hints...

                             Good luck,    Rick Glazier