From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2008 06:37:10 -0600
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:43:04 -0600, Alec Wood <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2008, at 10:40 AM, Kathryn Rosenthal wrote:
>
>  > Every time I think we are done hearing about Dean Ornish, he pops up
> again.

Dean Ornish is up to his same tricks.  He makes massive changes in
lifestyle,
stress reduction, etc.  And starts a strong exercise program.  Lastly, he
forces
them onto a vegan 10% fat diet, which they will no more stay on than fly
to the
moon.  You notice that he NEVER just does the diet.  That's because just
the diet
would not work.  Nor does he ever just do exercise and stress reduction.
That's
because the results from that would show that the diet does not help, in
fact it
probably would make things worse as these guys stuff in the carbs and soy.

Then, the sound byte to the public is: Hey guys, go on a vegan 10% fat
diet and beat
heart disease and prostate cancer.  His books are selling like hotcakes,
and
he's a popular speaker, and much admired.  So what he's doing works for
HIM, at
least.  As long as he's raking in the dough and the kudos, you will keep
hearing
 from him.

	Lynnet