From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:59:32 -0500
Yesterday:

Breakfast:
2 bananas
2 kiwi fruits
cup or so of wild blackberries

Morning snack:
1 apple
1 orange
handful of macadamia nuts

Lunch:
Big salad (romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, dandelion, endive, and
chicken breast)
2 soft-boiled eggs
1 apple

Afternoon snack:
Medium salad (same ingredients as lunch)
handful of almonds

Dinner:
bison steak, rare
steamed brocolli
grilled zucchini
potato wedges
salad (lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, vinegar and oil)

All is as local and fresh as possible.  Most of it is from my organic
garden and my flock of chickens.  The bison is from a local rancher, and
the fruit and nuts are from the organic section of the grocery store.  (We
planted a fruit and nut orchard so those will be local too at some point,
just not yet.)

My typical pattern is fruit in the morning, veggies and fruits through the
day, with a little meat, then a bigger meal in the evening with more
meat.  For snacks I have fruit, raw veggies, and nuts as much as I want.
Today's menu looks similar to yesterday's, only instead of a big salad at
lunchtime, I have a stir-fry of various veggies with some bison.

--
   Robert Kesterson