Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:31:03 -0500
> On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:27:55 -0600, Philip <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > William wrote:
> >> Pea hulls have been found in coprolite(s).
> >> Grass fibre should also show. I've not aware of it being found in
> >> them either.
> >
> > Thanks for that information, William. If that is correct then grass
> > (or grass powders) would not seem to be Paleo.
>
> But then what does that say about peas?  I thought peas were
> non-paleo?
>
> --
>    Robert Kesterson

It depends on when the coprolites were dated to. Maybe William can share
that information and his source with us.

The more critical point in this discussion is there is no evidence I am
aware of that points to grass as a significant Paleo food. The grass powder
and juice craze appears to have originated with 20th century vegetarians. I
will gladly take a look at any evidence anyone can provide of significant
Paleolithic grass consumption by humans. So far I have seen none.

Since one can't prove a negative and since the promoters of grass products
(mainly the manufacturers and retailers of these products) are the ones
making the claims, the responsibility for providing evidence lies mainly
with these promoters who tout wheat/barley/alfalfa grasses as the most
nutritious foods on the planet, have amazing curative powers, etc. As Carl
Sagan said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." The
extraordinary claims made for grass powders and juices require extraordinary
evidence to substantiate them. I haven't even seen a grass powder or juice
company claim that grasses were consumed in significant quantities during
the Paleolithic era, but if they did make that claim they would need to
provide some evidence.