From:
Mermaid Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:32:03 -0700
Carrie Coineandubh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any
> research/info on what would be expected of a Paleo baby?

  Babies were born to be breastfed....the average weaning age througout history has been 3 years. The first year, they eat from mom and in the latter part of the first year, they start eating other foods after they had their fill of mama milk.  So the first year they breastfeed mainly for food and somewhat for comfot.  The second year, they breastfeed half for nutrition and half for comfort. At that time they are eating many other foods.The third year they breastfeed more for comfort and less for nutrition. That year they are eating mostly other foods with the occasional sip of milk. Following this trend is very beneficial for the baby in many ways.  |
  Two of my grandsons were or are being raised this way. Both boys (one is now 5 yrs and the other 11 mos) were big, chunky babies with very solid fat, not flabby fat as I see in some babies. They are paleo babies.  The 5 year old just had his first taste of sugar this year.Of course he loved it and wanted more. Very hard when they are invited to birthday parties, etc.
  As to what to expect can vary...because they will not just have a different diet but their genes may determine their size. As far as how or what to feed them has been as easy as giving them what the parents eat.   I do think that prechewing their food for them (when they are unable to do it themselves) and feeding it mouth to mouth works and feels very instinctive.
  Any other questions?
  |Love

  Lillian

Lillian Alicia