From:
Greg Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:15:13 -0400
For those of you that eat high amounts of fat, do you pay much attention
to the ratio between the 3 types?

On Cordain's website I read:
"Now let’s get back to the fat content of our ancestral hunter-gatherer
diet. They frequently ate more fats than we do, but they were almost
invariably healthy fats. Using computerized dietary analyses of the wild
plant and animal foods, our research team has shown that the usual fat
breakdown in hunter-gatherer diets was 55-65% monounsaturated fat,
20-25% polyunsaturated fat (with an omega-6:omega-3 ratio of 2:1),
10-15% saturated fat (with about half being the neutral stearic acid).
This balance of fats is exactly what you will be getting when you follow
our dietary recommendations."

I had previously assumed a 1:1:1 ration but that is way off from the
above recommendation. I'd like to cross-reference these numbers with
more paleo minded studies.

-Greg