From:
freebyrd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 10:55:03 -0500
Ok, I haven't started Paleo yet. I will be grocery shopping on Monday and am
trying to put together a grocery list for a week of meals. Is celery ok?

I also ran across something on the Paleo website on how to figure out how
much protein you should eat per day. Of course I am not able to find it now.
It said to take your goal weight, divide it in half, and you should eat that
in grams.

I happen to be 138 pounds overweight at this time, and if I figure my goal
weight at 150 pounds, dividing it in half I come up with the number 75. Does
anyone know if that 75 is the number of protein grams I am to eat per day?
Or because I only know pounds and ounces is it figured differently? I also
found a chart that said 1 dry ounce = 28.3 grams. Would a dry ounce work for
a piece of meat? Using this figure, 75 grams divided by 28.3 grams = 2.65.
Would this mean that I am only allowed 2.65 ounces of meat per day? That
doesn't seem like much at all.

Should I worry about the 75 gram protein thing right now when starting out,
or just try to make the change to Paleo without thinking in measurements to
start off.

Sincerely,

Lynn