From:
"Ray T. Mahorney" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray T. Mahorney
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:52:20 -0000
First questions Are you working with your Parish ARES?  Are they working with the local or state red cross?  What we're
doing in Nash and Edgecombe counties is putting 706's in the EOC and at the hospital.  I'm asking that the Hospital 706
be equipped with a speech board.  Just my 2 cents here but I think whatever radio you put in there needs to be
independent of computer control.  You can use the keypad on the 706 to enter frequencies or, work from memory presets.
Ray T. Mahorney
WA4WGA