From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 08:27:11 -0400
Hi.

It really depends upon your space requirements.  I had a Larsen dual band
mag mount that wasn't all that tall.  Some of the gain antennas might not
fit in an attic that well, but if you have lots of head room, then go for
the Diamonds etc.  With all of these antennas, though, you need lots of
metal under them--ideally something about 38 inches across with the antenna
in the center so that you have about a quarter wave of metal all around the
antenna on 2 meters.  Otherwise, you might be able to match the antenna,
but the results will not be as good.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 04:46 PM 6/16/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Okay,
>
>I think I've definitely decided to spring for the tmg707.  But, I'm going
>to have to operate with an indoor antenna for a while.
>
>Any recommendations for a good dual-band mag mount antenna?  I figure a
>mag mount would be a good choice as it would work for me now and also provide
>something for some degree of mobile operation down the road.
>
>Looks like diamond might have a couple possibilities, but really haven't
>checked out mag mounts for quite a long time.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Don  W6SMB

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK