Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Pat Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 17:31:29 -0700
I think I may have started this but I can't imagine that most people don't
have some trouble sticking to it. For me, food has always been a source of
solace, stress relief, and rest as well as a joy to prepare; I even like
grocery shopping.
So all tha works for me in one way: I like planning, shopping and cooking.
The obstacles are many: I am a teacher and spend 12-15 hours a day working
plus a good part of my weekend. I am thinking that when I retire in May, it
should be easier for me to find time to do what is necessary to stay on the
diet.
Rest comes with eating. When I'm not eating, I need to get back to work.
Solace comes from not being in my own family a lot when I was little and so
getting the food I want became very important to me. I still feel a surge of
pleasure when I go into the grocery store.... and all that was over 50 years
ago!
Stress is part of family life. It comes often and routinely. Thursday I took
my wife in for some out-patient surgery and the accompanying stress made a
stop at the Mexican grocery store with its deli section and tortillas a
must-do. It also was a moment of sharing with my wife.
And on and on, excuse after excuse.
I'm doing well, though. Thanks for the support.
[log in to unmask]  Pat Barrett