ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 May 2006 10:32:35 -0600
I don't think I told this story on here.  We have an old 18 year old dogs.
He can hardly see and he can't hear.  We thought more than a year ago he
wouldn't make it throughout that year.  Sandy began feeding him some special
senior dog food and giving him vitamins and all and he perked right up.  He
can once again jump up on things, go up and down stairs, but he has a
difficult time getting around some times.  The other night, Sandy let the
dogs out.  zippy would not come.  We have several steps you go down to get
off our deck and Zippy doesn't hesitate going down those steps and into the
yard.  I think he gets lost sometimes but normally his nose somehow leads
him back to the stairs.  If we don't hear him, or if he doesn't come in with
the rest of the dogs as he normally does, he'll find his way to one of our
two deck doors and start barking till we let him in.  The other night, he
just would not come no matter how much Sandy called.  I was getting ready to
go outside and hunt for him when our larger, and younger, basset hound named
Barney, went out the opened door Sandy was using to stand in to call Zippy.
She heard Barney go down the stairs and a moment letter, he was leading
Zippy back up the stairs and into the house.  Now, try and tell me that
Barney didn't understand Zippy was sort of lost and when to lead him home.
Isn't that interesting.

Phil.

Has He Ever Crossed Your Mind?
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com