ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:23:57 -0500
We attended church this morning and instead of an actual sermon, one of
the congregation members performed a monologue drama of the crucifixion
scene and subsequent days, from a Roman Soldier's perspective, the soldier
who had said  "Surely this was the son of God" after Jesus stated it was
finished. It was very excellently written and  performed, very moving. He
started out by addressing the  congregation of what kind of person he
was,  a hardened soldier, then leaned over, looked in my sons eyes and
sternly said... "And I'm not accustomed to being ignored",  which got
everyone's attention. It was very well done and very passionately and
sincerely brought to a message of salvation in the end. I was held captive
the entire time.

Retsil Yretsym *familiar smile*