ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Carol Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2006 18:06:52 +0100
Yes, and some places are putting in for total bans, which could lead to more
serious consequences here.  Our Water Board (Thames Water) have applied for
a Dought Order which, in essence, means that they can, at a later date, put
stand pipes in the streets, turn off the taps to houses and get people
collecting their water "at the well", so to speak!  Now, Mike and I wouldn't
be able to do that (both for different reasons) so we'd definitely be in for
asking Jesus to give us the drink at that stage!  Your prayers, I must say,
will be appreciated.  We haven't by any means reached that stage yet and we
probably won't.

We do get a very dry heat over here though and of course, apart from shops,
few people have air conditioning in their houses.  (It's 86.5 here inside
with all windows opened and there's no air at all.)

--
Carol