Anne M Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 21:58:19 -0400

My personal hair loss motivated me to take vitamins specific for hair,
skin and nails which I purchase through Home Shopping Network - they
are Andrew Lessman's and very easy to absorb.  This has worked well for
me and I hope that you find an answer as well.
Take care
Mary

eating more salmon, and flaxseed oil have greatly improved this
condition.  Could be related to an essential fatty acid
deficiency from my experience.

B vitamins and prenatal vitamins....helped  lot!

Our daughter's hair fell out and her eye lashes thinned when she was
acutely sick with celiac, but once we put her on a high protein diet all
of it grew back.  She is eating 1/2 lb. of hamburger a day but some
other protein (fish/eggs/pork/chicken) at another meal.  When she was so
sick in my reading I learned that hair loss is a sign of protein
deficiency.  So we increased her protein (she must not have been
absorbing it) and it started to grow back.

I battle blepharitis each(spring), use baby shampoo to keep blepharitis
from occurring so you don't have to go the eye drop route. You just use
a little baby shampoo and water on a Q-tip and gently scrub the edge of
your eyelid where the
eyelashes are.recommended by my
doctor as a preventative measure.

Thyroid levels
Iron and FERRITIN levels

If you currently take steroid meds of any form (prednisone, cortef,
etc.), you may want to see if that is contributing to the loss.

*******
*******