Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tina Walia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 19:12:26 -0700

My original post:
……………………………………
Hi,

I live in USA and am planning to travel to Sweden this summer -- most likely
Gothenburg and Stockholm.

How can I manage my GF needs without eating at restaurants?  Can I buy
products without wheat starch in stores?

How can I find an apartment to stay in so I can make my own GF meals?

I have read the archives.  I would really appreciate details from people who
have travelled there/live there.  Any information will be very helpful.

Thanks.
Tina

…………………………………………
1.  Sweden is a very accommodating place for gluten intolerant people -- most
people working in restaurants and grocery stores are aware of it, can speak
English, and are willing to help!

2.  There are GF sections of food in most grocery stores, e.g., ICA, Vi,
Konsum, COOP and Hemkop.  Some of these products contain wheat starch (allowed
in Sweden).  However, one can find naturally GF products too.  Just read the
labels carefully.

In some cities, one can find gluten-free breads at specialty bakeries.

3.  The following websites have lots of information:

The Celiac Society in Sweden
http://www.celiaki.se/

Swedish Celiac Youth Society
http://www.scuf.se/

4.   About apartments:  it is suggested that I do a Google search.  There are
also central camping sites with small cottages that have cooking facilities,
shower and toilet.