From:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 06:19:19 -0400

Michelle asked me to send the summary for her.  Please direct questions to

Michelle Azimov [[log in to unmask]]

	Items That Are Gluten Free

Deli
Bratwurst (No bun)   		Breakfast With Shamu (reservations required)

Carved Roast Beef (no bun) 	Eggs
Carved Turkey (no bun) 		Machaca (no tortilla)
Hot Dog (no bun)   		Potatoes
					Bacon and Sausage (needs to know in
advance
					so we can prepare separately since
it is
					served on bread)
					Fresh Fruit
					Orange Juice
Calypso Bay Smoke House
Smoked Ribs or Chicken
Hot Dog (no bun)   Orange Juice
Corn on the Cob
Side Salad
Watermelon
Strawberries
Chocolate Pudding
Jello

Mango Joe's
Hot Dog  (no bun)
Watermelon
Strawberries
Chocolate Pudding
Jello

Shipwreck
Baby Back Ribs
Roast Beef Sandwich (no bread)
Smoked Turkey (side)
Hot Dog (no bun)
Grilled Salmon (no Pineapple & Honey Glaze)
Chicken Caesar Salad
Watermelon
Strawberries
Chocolate Pudding
Jello

Mama Stella's
Hot Dog (no bun)
Caesar Salad
Side Salad
Watermelon
Strawberries
Chocolate Pudding
Jello
Dine With Shamu (reservations required)
Pecan Rice Pilaf
Vegetables
Hot Dog (no bun)
Seafood Creole
Chicken Dijon
Fresh Fruit
Cheesecake

If we can assist you further, please email us directly at
[log in to unmask] or by calling 1-800-25-Shamu.

Ces Avila-Herrera
Guest Correspondence Team
Seaworld of San Diego
****

SeaWorld San Antonio has a gluten free list which can be found at
www.alamoceliac.org . Go to the website and click on Defensive Dining.
Halfway down, on the left, is a button labeled San Antonio-SeaWorld. I
interviewed the Director of Culinary Operations in May, 2006. He took me
to all the kitchens, where I was able to determine some of the safer
things for celiacs to order. I was told that each SeaWorld has different
restaurants and suppliers, but probably at least half of them should be
the same. You might print off the list we have, and take it with you for
reference. Each restaurant will have a manager on duty. I highly
recommend that you ask for that perso to help you navigate their menu
and make good choices.

I hope this will encourage others to interview their SeaWorld park and
share the results with the rest of us. If you need any guidance about
how to do this, just let me know.

Anne Barfield
San Antonio, Texas
****

Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a list of 105+
national/regional restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free
items. There's also a gluten free dining card that can be presented to
restaurant personnel to ease the ordering process.

From the 2006-2007 GF Restaurant Guide:

1. Andres Cuban, 1235 Morena Blvd
2. Bucca di Beppo, 10749 Westview Pkwy
3.   "   "    "      "   , 705 - 6th Ave
4. Carvers Steaks & Chops, 11940 Bernardo Plaza Dr.
5. Claim Jumper, 12384 Carmel Mtn. Rd.
6. Corvette Diner, 3946 - 5th Ave
7. Flemings Steakhouse, 380 K. Str.
8. Hard Rock Cafe, 801 - 4th Ave
    (I stopped at my lucky number 8)

****
Try The Silly Yak Bakery (www.sillyyakbakery.com). Recommendations
included the GF Majestic Valley Coffeecake, the GF Garlic Cheddar bread
and especially the GF Cinnamon Swirl. Ask for a recipe utilizing the GF
Swirl that makes double-decker GF French Toast with a layer of bananas
in-between. Order product just ahead of time and take it with or have GF
product shipped directly there so it's on-hand.
****

You may want to check www.glutenfreeinsd.com. They have recommendations
for Sea World.