From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 11:18:24 -0500

This info just came my way. I have no financial interest in it! (but he is my doctor).

CELIAC DISEASE: A Hidden Epidemic (Collins Books; On-Sale Feb 7, 2006; ISBN: 006076693X ; Hardcover, $22.95) is the first and only authoritative guide to this serious autoimmune disease. As co-author Dr. Peter Green explains "celiac disease has been dubbed the 'great pretender.' Its symptoms can easily masquerade as a number of other illnesses...and it is those conditions that are often diagnosed instead of celiac disease. The one thing most patients have in common is a long road to diagnosis." While celiac disease is well known in Europe and other areas, in the United States it has long been ignored by many in the medical profession -- prompting The Wall Street Journal to recently note that "the story of celiac disease shows how blind spots can develop in the U.S. medical system" (12/9/05).
CELIAC DISEASE: A Hidden Epidemic is available online at Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com.
TO ORDER YOUR COPY:
Amazon.com
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006076693X/sr=1-1/qid=1139234339/ref=sr_1_1/103-6478836-6010240?%5Fencoding=UTF8>
Barnes & Noble.com