ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 22:27:17 -0600
Phil,

that's a good article!  One Sunday morning as I was going through a hard
period in my life, it seems that God spoke to me through a former Pastor who
was suffering as a result of a stroke but was doing the preaching at the
church where I grew up.  He said something like this:

"I sense, deep in my spirit, that someone is struggling to get everything
right.  As they teach you in boy Scouts, when you get to the end of the
rope, tie a knot and hang on!  but I suggest that you let go of the rope and
trust god."

Back then, I either didn't know how, was unwilling, or was unable to just
let go and trust God.  Perhaps this is because I needed to be healed in
certain areas of my life where I had been wounded.  I needed the
reassurance, which God has given me since then, that He will keep me.

Sharon