From:
Gary R Tennesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2007 12:27:55 -0800
The below link promises to remove "for free" spywarebot.
  http://www.fbmsoftware.com/spyware-net/application/SpywareBot/

  This program is my main suspect once heating issues are ruled out.  I might also suggest finding a different/newer video driver and installing.

  --gary r. tennesen

Struan Robertson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  My Dell Dimension 5150 freezing problems are becoming worse. Every few
minutes it freezes and I have to shut it down and start it up again. Do not
think problem is a result of overheating as I have both noted the fan seems
to be running normally (switching on and off) but I have hoovered the inside
and ran it with the side off.

I think it is a software conflict. (I also have this dreadful undeletable
program called SpywareBOT which may be the problem - and I understand you
have to pay the source to get rid of it!!!)

Can anyone suggest a procedure to discover which bit of software is causing
the problem....?

Struan Robertson

On 30/10/2007, Thomas Mayer
wrote:

> This could be related to heat. You can open the case and check the dust
> conditions inside as it affects the effectiveness of fans and heat sinks.
>
> Tom Mayer
>
> Struan Robertson wrote:
> > Thanks for reply so quickly. Got my Dell Dimension 5150 up again by
> > rebooting with supplied OS disk and then went into Repair and chose the
> > CHKDSK option and it finished off the original interrupted disk check
> and it
> > was fine - except its back to it previous practice of freezing every so
> > often,sometimes as frequently as a minute or two...
> >
> > Please, how can I go about sorting this - seems like a conflict of some
> > kind...
> >
> > Computer Details:
> > Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz
> > RAM 1024MB
> > HDD 2 x 160GB
> > XP Home
> > AVG Anti-virus