VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:52:13 -0500
Special Policy and Law Issue of Assistive Technology Journal - Call For
Papers (CFP)

In this issue of Assistive Technology we commemorate the 15th Anniversary
of the ADA by examining its impact on the development of accessible
technology, and how it has changed the access to and use of technology by
people with disabilities.  Looking forward, we encourage fresh exploration
of the ADA, and the barriers and opportunities it has created for people
with disabilities with respect to technology.  Finally, we welcome articles
on technologies or policies and laws that are not currently covered under
the ADA, but perhaps should be (i.e. - the Internet, emergency
communications technologies, the universal design of technologies).

In this light, we welcome case studies, empirical research and policy and
legal analysis on topics related to the ADA and technology, such as (but
not restricted to):

*       Workplace accommodations
*       Universal design of technology
*       Accessibility of the Internet
*       Emergency Communications
*       Accessible Voting Technology
*       Wireless Telecommunications

Potential contributors are encouraged to familiarize themselves with
previous issues of Assistive Technology, and to discuss their ideas with
the Guest Editors, Paul M.A. Baker, [[log in to unmask]]; Kevin
Caves [[log in to unmask]]; and Peter Blanck [[log in to unmask]].

Due Dates: Abstracts/Article proposals due May 15,

Proposal Acceptance notification: June 15;
Papers due: Sept. 1, 2006

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. SEND YOUR QUERIES TO:

-||-
Paul M.A. Baker, Ph.D., AICP, Director of Research
Center for Advanced Communications Policy (CACP),
Georgia Institute of Technology
500 10th St. NE
Atlanta, GA 30318-0620
www.cacp.gatech.edu / www.wirelessrerc.org