From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:45:50 -0800
  What's in the Recycle Bin is not the actual *accounts*, but the profiles
for the accounts -- what's in MY Documents and on the Start Menu and so on.
  Through the Control Panel, you can get at a utility for actually creating,
modifying, and deleting accounts.  And if you use NTFS, you can right-click
on any file or folder and go to the Security tab and restrict the access to
that item that any account has (including the ability to modify such
permissions...); in the case of folders, you can set permissions which will
normally be "inherited" by files and folders contained in the folder you
adjust.
  So it's possible to block your children's access to folders you don't want
them prying into, including the folders within Program Files of applications
you don't want them to run.  (Simply not including those applications in the
Start Menus of profiles doesn't stop someone from navigating to the folder
and double clicking on the name of an .exe, or typing it at the Run prompt
(if the account is allowed to use Run.)

David Gillett

On 11 Jan 2007 at 11:16, Diane Kroeckel wrote:

> I plan on adding two users, my kids, to my computer, once I get
> everything the way I want it.  I restored the Administrator account from
> the recycle bin and I guess I should do the same with default user.
> Though I don't want them to be able to get into all the programs.  I know
> there's something on XP Pro that restricts them, and it's more than a
> limited account will restrict.   But I can't remember what it is.
>
> Do you think the accounts will be ok if I restore them from the recycle
> bin?
>
> Diane Kroeckel
>
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:04:41 -0800 David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
> writes:
> >   No, you cannot delete the Administrator account.  In addition to
> > having
> > its rights, it is also the "owner" of important system files, and
> > its
> > internal "account number" is recognized as special.  (You *can*
> > rename it,
> > and in NT and 2K this was often recommended as a security measure.)

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml