From:
MICHAEL CAMPOBASS0 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:00:16 -0800
Hello Everyone,
  A friend of mine asked me if I could fix this old Dell Laptop Latitude CPi. According to my friend, the laptop was working correctly, but all the sudden it cannot Start normally anymore. It will only start in SAFE MODE. When trying normally it reaches to a point when all seems fine, then restarts again.
  The computer has a WIN 2000 Professional with installed,192 Megs memory and only a CD rom drive, no diskette, its speed is 366 Mh/z. No restore disk or manual is available.
  When in Safe mode, all seems fine, I cleaned the hard drive, ran chkdsk, ran disk defrag and cursory checked other paramters.
  I think, in normal start, some utility or virus is keeping it from a successful completion, but how do I find out? ... there is no Anti Virus program installed or any of the Malware utilities. I could format the HD, but there are many files that would like to save.
  I do have a WIN 2000 CD but not a professional, wonder if I could insert that CD and try to reinstall WIN 2000 on top of the WIN 2000 Pro ... any suggestion will be appreciated ... Thank you in advance!

  MIchael Campobasso

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com