From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2006 22:19:07 -0600
It is hard to answer for a proprietary system.

The older power supplies have twenty pin connectors.

PCI express power supplies have twenty-four pin connectors.

So, the new power supply must be labeled as a PCI express
power supplies.

Power supplies have a standard form for where they attach to
the case, but Gateway may not use this standard.  You should
make a tracing of where the screws are to insure that it
uses a standard form factor.  Power supplies DO differ in
size - not by much - so a new, more powerful one might
possibly not fit into the case.

You need to check to make sure that your motherboard uses
the 24 pin connector.  Also, make sure that you have a
proper available slot before you make a purchase of
a video card or other accessory.

HTH

Dean Kukral