C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:42:25 -0700
Nikki,

A couple of things I used as a kid (and still use now) are a spread board,
and a Swedish cutting board.  The spread board has a triangular top to keep
a piece of bread or toast from sliding as you spread, and a lip on the
leading edge so it can be hooked on a table or counter edge.  The Swedish
cutting board has a clamp to hold large items for cutting, and a reversible
plate thing with spikes on one for cutting things like tomatoes. I also
found a great one handed manual canopener at J&R music and ComputerWorld, of
all places.There's a website called AbleData that lists a lot of assistive
technology items,

http://www.abledata.com/

and there are also several commercial sites that have assistive technology
devices.  A couple that come to mind right away are:

Enrichments (Fred Sammons); which isn't actually online that I can find, but
you can order a print catalog through this link.

http://www.sammonspreston.com/Service/Catalog-Request-Non-Professional.asp

This site also lists several other companies that provide Activities of
Daily Living (ADL) devices

http://www.homemods.org/library/carhom/part9a.htm

MaxiAids, which has a lot of products for people with a variety of
disabilities, and is one of the best sites for people with visual
disabilities.

http://www.maxiaids.com

A google search will also find a lot of items - a search for "cooking
assistive technology" might be a good way to start.

On 2/9/07, nikki88 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I would like to know if anyone has any ideas about good adapations for
>
> cooking  with young ones with CP

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950