C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:31:18 -0700
Ken,

Sorry to be so long in expressing my condolences on your loss.  I've had
two dogs pass on that were with our family for 16 and 15 years
respectively, and the losses of those two were nearly as difficult as
losing my grandparents.  I don't mean that to sound callous, but that's
the way I felt.  We have a 7 1/2 year-old dog now, and I dread his
death, even though he's in great health.  Like Prancer, he's great at
reminding us of dinner time, and after we turn the lights off at night
and let him out, he's often the first one into the bedroom, and looks at
us like "Geez, you guys, I didn't think you were ever coming to bed!".

Kendall - husband to Janet for 8 terrific years last July, and Doggy Dad
to Carhartt (my boy),  a 70 pound lab/chow cross and Kitty Dad to Molly
(who rules the roost), 6; and Liza (the baby cat), 3.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950