ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 00:34:56 -0500
Now How, But Where

With the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as
one day.   The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count
slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should
perish but that all should come to repentance.
—2 Peter 3:8­9

I am glad God didn’t answer my prayer back in 1972 when I was praying
with many other believers, “Lord, come soon.”  Here’s why: A lot of
people have become Christians since 1972.  The Bible says, “The Lord is
not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is
longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all
should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9).

For believers, the Rapture means no death.  It doesn’t mean that some
will not die.  But it does mean there is a generation that will not die,
a generation that will not have to go into the grave, a generation that
will be caught up into the presence of the Lord.

Now, the question often arises, “Are we that generation?”  I don’t know.
We could be.  I think I could make a fairly good case for it.  But no
one can say with complete certainty.  The Lord may not come in our
lifetime.

But I want you to know if that does not happen, if the Lord does not
return, then I won’t be disappointed, because my hope is not in the
coming of the Lord.  My hope is in the Lord that is coming.  I hope
yours is too.  That is what is important.  I know that I am going to
heaven one day.  And what is exciting to me is not how I get there as
much as where I am going.  I have that hope.  Do you?
For more relevant and biblical teaching from Pastor Greg Laurie, go to
www.harvest.org.
Copyright © 2006 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.
Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by
Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.